New Daily Post:
Quickly list five things you’d like to change in your life. Now, write a post about a day in your life once all five have been crossed off your to-do list.
Before I list my five, I wonder what they mean. Is this like, hey, I’ve got a genie on standby and I can literally wish for anything? Nothing is off the table? Or is it, like, this has to be conceivable? Something I could actually achieve? I’ll use some creative license and make this the Genie Game.
In no particular order, Mr. or Mrs. Genie:
1. Debt free. Yep, it’s typical, but fuck it, it would be a huge burden off anyone’s shoulders, mine included.
2. End procrastination. Eradicate that evil scourge.
3. Consistency and drive. I’m putting these two together because I often feel as if my whimsical nature and inability to focus sometimes, gets in the way of maintaining interest in something and along with, a drive to keep doing that something.
4. A few more inches….IT’S NOT WHAT YOU’RE THINKING (okay, let’s be honest, I AM KIDDING, but really) in height would be great. I think 6’2-ish would be an optimal height.
5. Confidence. Eradicate social anxiety. It’s a real killer, man. It’s held me back for years in school and social settings; it doesn’t allow me to maximize any potential I may have.
So, with that out of the way, what does a day in the life of the Ginger look like with these five wishes granted by Mr. or Mrs. Genie?
Let’s be honest, the first thing I’d do, right out of bed since I’m not procrastinating anymore, is go treat myself to a grand breakfast for being debt free. Then by the afternoon, thanks to my new consistency and drive and no more procrastination, I bang out a kick-ass short story. Then in the evening, I got to a cozy little bookstore, happen upon a cute girl and with the absence of social anxiety and the advent of confidence, I ask her out to a cup of coffee later. She’s taken in by my confidence and “few more inches,” and the night goes splendidly.
WHAT LEAVE ME ALONE