As I like to do from time to time, here’s a round-up of the music lately that’s tickling the ivories of my mind, no particular order:
1. “Evil” – Shovels & Rope
Try to listen to this one without tapping your foot. Just a kick-ass tune with some timely, folksy lyrics.
2. “After the Storm” – Shovels & Rope
Gorgeous, spell-binding duet that sucks me in.
3. “I Don’t Want To Change You” – Damien Rice
You knew my boy, Rice, was making it on here after releasing his first song in eight years. And it’s a nice blend of melancholy and soaring, yet somber (almost resigned) lyrics. It’s terrific.
4. “My Home is in the Delta” – Muddy Waters
This is the kinda music that gets me curling my lip and gets down under your skin. Good, old fashion soulful bluesy music.
5. “The Funeral” – Band of Horses
Kinda have a Coldplay flavor to me.
6. “Transatlanticism” – Death Cab for Cutie
7. “The Things That Don’t Move In the Night” – Edward Turner
Chorus in this one is addictive.